As we walked to the bird hide we were able to see many birds which we tried to identify. These included being able to spot Egrets and a Heron and also the migratory Swallows.
Reaching the hide we opened the hatches to reveal the estuary and the marshland and two very different habitats. We looked at all the different flowers that we found and why they are important for different bees and bugs and consequently the birds too.
It wasn't long before we had to head back to school and on the way back saw lots of birds which all the children were able to now identify.
Unfortunately, the weather gods weren't playing ball this week so we did a classroom session. Having pressed the flowers they were mounted in to an album which we went through and looked at how many we could remember the names of - lots it appeared!
We then went back to doing more buttercup illustration so that we had a really good understanding of how many plants could be found at South Efford Marsh, why they are important and the details of the flowers which help them reproduce.
The illustrations and flower press collection will go on to the display boards for all to see.